Some Reasons to Consider a Programmable Thermostat in the Hudson Valley, NY
Thermostat in the Hudson Valley, NY
It may seem like a nearly impossible task to try and save some money when it comes to heating during the winter. Especially this bitterly cold and snowy winter that we are having in the Hudson Valley NY. You might be aware that you can save energy – and money – by turning your thermostat down a few degrees when you’ll be out of the house for several hours, or when you and your family are sleeping. If you have a standard thermostat, however, there are going to be times when you’ll be busy and will forget to turn down the temperature. That’s where a programmable thermostat comes in.
Here are a some reasons why your Hudson Valley NY home should have a programmable thermostat:
- You can program these types of thermostats to automatically lower or raise the temperature in your home, depending on the time of day, or day of the week, you’ll never have to remember to adjust them. It’s a real convenience!
- A programmable thermostat can turn on your heat for a time you set before you plan to get out of bed in the morning, so you’ll always wake up to a comfortable home. This will also work with your air conditioning system. Why cool the house all day when no one is home?
- Most people think the opposite, but it takes more energy to keep your house at a constant temperature all day than it does to bring it back to your regularly set temperature when you get home in the evening after work or school.
- There are some higher end programmable thermostats that can actually adjust themselves based on factors like humidity. Ask us about them!
- A programmable thermostat will eventually pay for itself when it is used as designed.
- There are programmable thermostats which allow you to customize programming for the entire week, making them a great choice for families with ever changing daily schedules. Why heat or cool the entire house all day when no one is there?
- Some of you may like the technology of the newer “smart” programmable thermostats. These allow you to program them remotely from your cellphone or computer. This is perfect for you tech savvy people and it’s kind of fun too! You’ll never have to come home to a cold (or hot) house again! You will have the power to adjust the temperature right at your fingertips. It really is that easy!
- According to a study by Consumer Reports, by using a programmable thermostat you can save an average of about $200 a year in energy costs (based on the average homeowner’s use). Your new thermostat will pay for itself in no time and you will have the convenience that comes with the programmable thermostat.
Are you ready to stop thinking about your old inefficient thermostat and start saving money?
Let us install a programmable thermostat in your Hudson Valley, NY home today. Whether you live in Fishkill, Poughkeepsie, Lagrangeville, Beacon, Carmel or any other town in or near the Hudson Valley, give us a call! (845) 896-4328 (HEAT).
We’re the Good FOLKES People and we are here for you!